The belief held by many theorists is that the universe is governed by a set of universal laws; these laws cannot be changed, cannot be broken and apply to every individual, regardless of age or nationality. These laws are the riverbanks which guide the flow of their lives on its journey to its ultimate end.
The law of attraction is one such law.
The law of attraction is the belief that anyone can determine their destiny through the power of their minds. “The Law of Attraction attracts to you everything you need, according to the nature of your thoughts. Your environment and financial condition are the perfect reflection of your habitual thinking.”
The concept of karma also may have drawn its roots from the law of attraction. Karma states that you will eventually be revisited by that which you have sent out into the universe. If you have practiced kindness and compassion you will receive in kind. If you have been deliberately cruel to another you will receive back into your life that cruelty which you have sent out. Your actions and thoughts morph into physical entities, causing the universe to react in kind.
Remember, you attract to your life whatever you give your attention, energy and focus to, whether wanted or unwanted.
This emotional energy is what is commonly known as a “vibe” and is referred to as a vibration by scientists studying the law of attraction. Chances are that you are familiar with the term. Have you ever been with someone who is so happy they seem to be radiating a “glow which inspires happiness in all those around them? By the same token, have you ever spent time with someone who was so critical and unhappy that they consistently gave off a “negative vibe” which seemed to suck the life and happiness out of all those around them?
You are a living magnet, attracting what you want.
The mind is a powerful thing, and where the mind goes the feet will soon follow. The foundation of any success you are going to encounter in lie is not the ability of your physical body to overcome the obstacles but of your mind to believe that a way lies around them. “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” Where your mind can believe that there is a way for the body to achieve its heart’s desire a way does exist.
How Can I Use the Law of Attraction?
1. The first step in finding success through the law of attraction is to accept responsibility for the things that have occurred in your life, both good and bad.
2. Once you have accepted the fact that you are responsible for your own fate it is time to go one step further and determine what it is about your life that you would like to change.
3. Raise your vibrations so that they are all positive. Act and feel as though you are confident that the end result you are hoping for is going to occur. This is an essential part of the law of attraction because it is very easy to allow your mind to begin to wander to all of the difficulties which you may encounter when trying to achieve your goals.
4. Accept that it can happen. Have absolute faith in the fact that you will be able to effect this change in your life you should look again at the sheet of paper upon which you have written your goals and attempt to write them in terms that will help your mind and body accept them as fact. It is recommended that you write these statements in the third person rather than the first; it is often difficult for the mind to accept something as fact when it is couched in such relative terms as I, me or my.
We are unlimited beings…we have no ceilings.
It is impossible to over-emphasize the importance of vibrating positive energy when you are talking about the law of attraction, and you will see this theme repeated in any and all conversations pertaining to it. The release of positive energy into the universe is what allows you to chart the course of your destiny on a strong route to success rather than a wavy road of uncertainty that will eventually lead you unhappiness, either through the failure to achieve the goals for which you have worked so hard or through the constant up and down flow of your life, never being certain which is going to dominate.
Letting go of your resentment is an essential ingredient in finding harmony, for in order for the law of attraction to be able to work to smooth your way you must first rid yourself of all of the negative energy you have been sending towards them so far. It is important that you accept the fact that you can forgive and forget, allowing the two of you to move on with your life with a much happier relationship than you have experienced to date.
The universe is not always going to give you exactly what you want, exactly when you want it. It does things in its own time.
It is essential that you not close either your mind or your heart to the universe because of external distractions; this is the most fatal mistake you could make, for it means that you have lost faith in the ability of the energies of your mind to interact with the energies of nature to bring you your desired results.
Five Common Mistakes
1. Believing that positive thinking is enough to attract what you want. Positive thinking occurs only on the conscious level; this is why positive thinking is not enough to put into effect the law of attraction. It is necessary for belief to enter the subconscious as well.
2. Becoming impatient. The universe works at its own speed; remember, every action carries with it an equal and opposite reaction. It is essential that the other environmental conditions be right in order for an event to occur just as it should. This means that the law of attraction may take weeks, months or even years to effect a fruitful reaction to the desires of a single individual.
3. Determining ahead of time how and when you will attract what you want. Let the universe work! It is possible to become so focused on what you think is going to happen that you manage to totally miss the event when it occurs if it does not occur in precisely the manner you pictured it would.
4. Allowing your emotions to be led by external evidence. In order to reap the full benefits of the law of attraction you need to believe that what you see now is a result of what you have been attracting to this point; again, it is essential that you realize that what has occurred in your life to this date and what will happen later on is determined by you. Whatever successes or failures you have experienced have been the result of the energies that your mind and body have released out into the universe.
Which leads us to the fifth most common mistake.
5. Not removing limiting beliefs. There are many occasions in which people fall into a self defeating cycle because they are unable to control the thoughts and attitudes of their subconscious. A common argument against the law of attraction is, “Why is there so much suffering in the world if people have the ability to determine the events of their life?” No, these people have not chosen a life of starvation and servitude; however, due to their history many of them do not truly believe that they have any choice.
This disbelief in their ability to change their circumstances because “it is the way that it’s always been” means that they will continue to live this way. Their subconscious continues to project that disbelief and negative energy out into the universe, drawing back negative energy which will cause them to continue to live in this self destructive cycle of events.
The removal of limiting beliefs such as these is absolutely vital to the ability of the law of attraction to work as it is intended to. If you truly feel that the law of attraction is not working for you, take a moment to consider the things that you are wishing for. Do you truly believe that these events can take place, or are you merely making idle wishes? Do you secretly believe that you have a “one in a million” chance of any of those things actually taking place for one thing or another?
There was no cosmic influence here, merely a readjustment in attitude.
Although the power of the law of attraction has yet to be supported by any physical means its effects have been proven time and time again. In spite of the opposition which you will surely face, both within your own mind and throughout the rest of your societal acquaintances, if you adhere carefully to the guidelines set forth you too will be able to unlock the power hidden within the depths of your own mind and chart the course for your own destiny.
Copywriter Pamela Jackson 2015. All Rights Reserved.